PRIVACY, DATA PROTECTION & COOKIES POLICIES
This policy is for visitors and subscribers of my website (beatapalinska.com), based on the GDPR legislation which becomes effective after May 25, 2018.
The website is run by Beata Palińska and I collect and use some personal data (name, surname, email address) in order to communicate with the visitors, users and subscribers of my website. This policy sets out how I do this and applies to anyone who uses my website, whether by visiting it, reading my email newsletters and using my commercial products and services. Please read it carefully.
Who do I collect information from?
I collect information from the visitors and subscribers of my website who sign up for my email newsletter, distributed via Mailchimp.
What information do I collect about you?
I collect the following personal data about you when you subscribe to my newsletter via Mailchimp opt-in forms:
- Email address
Some technical information about how you use my website and how you access my newsletter is also collected, for example your IP address.
When collecting your data, I will act as the data controller. This means that I decide how and why I use your data and I am legally responsible for the use of your data.
I will only collect the minimum data necessary to run and manage my website and the products and services I provide and to share my teaching ideas and commercial offers with you.
How do I use your information?
I will only use your personal information where I have a legal basis for doing so as set out in the data protection legislation – GDPR, to do the following:
– send you links to articles and posts with teaching ideas;
– share commercial updates and offers with you;
– respond to any questions, requests or complaints I receive from you;
– communicate with you about my content, services and products if we need to.
I will also use your personal data where it is needed to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests) or where it is necessary for my legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests to:
– investigate potential illegal activities on my sites (as it is in my interest to ensure my content is used legally); and
– analyse use of beatapalinska.com and improve its content by resolving any technical issues (as it is in my interest to make sure I am providing the best possible content, products and services).
You have a legal right to object to my processing of your personal data. If you raise an objection I will carry out an assessment to determine whether I have an overriding legitimate ground which enables me to continue to process your personal information for these purposes.
I won’t use your information for any purposes except those above without letting you know and getting your permission if necessary.
Who do I share your information with?
I don’t sell your information.
I don’t share your information except with third party service providers, such as hosting providers or an email service Mailchimp, so that they can provide services to me. I maintain a list of these third party service providers if I have a legal obligation to disclose the information (for example, if a court orders me to).
All information collected through my website is stored on Mailchimp, which safeguards your personal data appropriately.
I have strict security measures in place to try to protect your information and make sure that it is not lost, damaged or accessed by anyone who should not see it.
In the unlikely event of an unauthorised disclosure of your data, I will notify you by email and act in accordance with my legal requirements to resolve such disclosure and prevent any future unauthorised disclosure.
- You can ask me (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) for a copy of your personal data and other information I hold about you as the data controller and I will try and send this to you as soon as possible. You also have a right to ask me to send you your personal data that you have specifically provided to me in a common electronic format.
- You can also ask me to correct any personal data I hold about you that is inaccurate.
- You can request that I erase your personal data at any time.
- You can also ask me to restrict my processing of your personal data (which means that I will only store your personal data and not do anything further with it).
I don’t keep your information for longer than I need to for the purposes listed in this policy.
I will only keep your information for as long as you subscribe to my newsletter or use my services and you can ask me to delete your subscription data at any time.
You can block cookies through your browser settings.
Most cookies used expire when you close your browser, but some are stored for longer than this.
Changes to this policy
From time to time I may need to change this policy. I will not reduce your rights under this policy, use your data for purposes not covered by it, or lessen the security of your data without your consent. I will post any changes within the policy, so you should check the policy regularly for any changes. If the changes are significant I will provide a more prominent notice on the website and will provide you with advance notice of the changes by email.
Effective date: 23 May 2018