Let’s say you’re teaching likes&dislikes today.
- Ask your students to draw a simple table in their notebooks (see above).
- On the left, students write all the ways of expressing likes&dislikes they can think of.
- During the lesson, they add new phrases in the middle column.
- The third column is for them to add to later on when they come across another phrase that serves the same purpose.
- Encourage colour-coding – all the highlighted phrases can be used to express likes.
- The bottom spaces are for writing their own sentences (preferably – true and/or close to their hearts) that will let them (1.) practise the expressions and (2.) revise them when they come back to the notes at a moment chosen by you or them.